Mobility scooters can provide great independence to go shopping, visit family & friends or wherever you wish. Here are some questions to get the scooter which will work best for you:
What to consider for your chosen scooter
- How far might you want to travel?
- Where will you keep your scooter?
- Is there good access to the storage area?
- Will you want to carry the scooter in a car?
- Are there wide pavements where you will commonly travel?
- What is your local area like?
- Might you need to travel on the road?
- Where will you charge the battery?
- Do you want to use it indoors, outdoors or both?
- Will you have to go up and down curbs?
Based on your answers to some of these questions, we can guide you in choosing what type of scooter is best for you.
Considerations about your Health
- Your ability to transfer on and off the seat – such as walking to the scooter,
- sitting down and standing up from it again.
- Your balance – this is your ability to remain steady when standing and when seated, and includes your ability to move your body within the scooter & remain balanced as the scooter moves around.
- Your posture – this is the position in which you hold your body and your ability to change position.
- Your weight – Our advisors will ensure that your scooter is suitable for you.
Is a scooter right for everyone?
Consider your sight, perception, memory and decision-making ability, as good skills in these areas mean that a scooter would be safe for you. Also think about the seating support that you like – if you can sit and move your upper body freely and are able to grip well, then a scooter could be the right mobility choice for you.
Contact or visit your local store to discuss your requirements and explore the right scooter for you. Click here to for contact information.
Or, complete this form with your details and requirements and we'll contact you: