Who We are:
Ross Care are a major provider of wheelchair services, mobility equipment and community equipment on behalf of the NHS and Local Authorities. We have Service Centres, Wheelchair Clinical Assessment Centres and Retail Stores that are strategically placed across the UK.
We Only use information that may identify you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). GDPR requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
Information we use
• Identifiable – Containing details that identify individuals
What do we use sensitive and personal information for?
• Issuing of equipment on behalf of NHS or local Council
• Service or repair of equipment on loan
• Collection of equipment on loan that is no longer required or is being replaced
• Responding to your concerns, queries or compliments
• Contacting you if the manufacturer of the equipment you have on loan has issued information regarding safety concerns or product recalls – for example.
• When required, your address details and name may be sent to carefully selected suppliers in order to facilitate direct delivery of goods.
Sensitive personal information may also be used in the following cases:
• You have freely given consent for Ross Care to use your information for a specific purpose
• The information is necessary for your direct healthcare
• There is an overriding public interest in using information for example safeguarding of an individual or serious crime prevention
• There is a legal requirement that allows Ross Care
Other information we may use:
• Pseudonymised - about individuals but with identifying details removed and replaced with a unique reference code
• Anonymised – about individuals but with identifying details removed
• Aggregated – anonymised information grouped together so that it doesn’t identify individuals
We use the type of data above to ensure the quality and efficiency of our services and to produce performance reports on the services we provide.
Sharing of your information
Our Promise to you:
Ross Care will not sell or pass on your personal information to a third party for the purposes of direct marketing. Your information will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
Security Of your Information
Ross Care takes commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Ross Care ensure all are staff are trained in Data Protection and confidentiality to ensure your data is treated in the correct manner.
Retention of information held
Your Information is not held longer than is needed.
All records held by Ross Care will be kept for the duration of the specific contract held with wheelchair services or Community Equipment Services in your area.
Gaining access to your data
Everybody has the right too see or have a copy of data that can identify them. Ross Care will not charge a fee if you wish to access the information we hold about you but you must request the informally formally either:
• In writing (email included)
• In person
• Via Telephone
Requested information will be issued to you within 30 days
As well as the requested information Ross Care can provide you with
• The period of time that the data will be stored;
• Your right to rectification, erasure or objection of your data being processed; (unless there is an overriding legal reason or legitimate/vital interest for the processing of your data to continue*.)
• Your right to data portability;
• Your right to withdraw consent at any time (unless there is an overriding legal reason or legitimate/vital interest for the processing of your data to continue*).
• Your right to lodge a complaint.
*These reasons will be explained to you in this event
How to Make a Request for information
Contact your local Ross Care Depot – addresses and contact numbers can be found:
Head Office Number 0151 653 6000
Unit 9 -13 Westfield
By email : GDPRinfo@rosscare.co.uk
Complaints and Questions
At Ross Care we take complaints and concerns very seriously and are happy to respond to any data issues directly, however should your wish to take your concerns regarding data processing, collection or use further you may wish to contact the Information Commissioners Office:
WWW.ICO.ORG.UK – help line 0303 123 1113